Alejandro Villarreal specializes in corporate, capital markets and
estate planning. Alejandro has represented Mexican
corporations in different types of capital markets transactions,
including issuance of bonds (certificados bursátiles) in accordance
with the Mexican Securities Law, senior secured and unsecured
notes, and equity, convertible and contingent convertible notes
subject to Mexican and U.S. securities laws. Alejandro has also
advised clients in mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, as well
as general corporate transactions and estate planning.
Mr. Villarreal’s transactions include the representation of:
• OLMO Capital, in the acquisition by its subsidiary of
Industrias de Refrigeración Plafer.
• OLMO Capital, in the merger of its subsidiary with Basal
• Fink Group, in its investment in a company that specializes
in electronic payments.
• London Consulting Group, in the corporate restructuring of
• ProApoyo, in the sale of the business to Red de Servicios
• Muutrade, in the investment of new shareholders in its
• Axtel, in its merger with Alestra, a wholly owned subsidiary
• KEY Química, in the sale of one of its subsidiaries.
• IGNIA, in the investment of new shareholders in its
susbsidiary Ver de Verdad.
• CEMEX, in the issuance of Contingent Convertible Units for
• CEMEX, in several issuances of Senior Secured Notes.
• CEMEX, in several private securitizations of accounts
• Coca-Cola FEMSA, in the issuance of bonds (certificados bursátiles) for MXN$10,000 million.
• Crediclub, in the issuance of bonds (certificados bursátiles).
• Grupo Senda, in several issuances of bonds (certificados bursátiles) in the Mexican Stock Exchange.
• Arendal, in its debt restructuring process with domestic and
• Covia Holdings, in its debt restructuring process under
Chapter 11 in which its Mexican subsidiaries were
incorporated as guarantors or borrowers in the new credit
Master of Laws (LL.M) /
Northwestern University School
Law Degree / Instituto
Tecnológico y de Estudios
Superiores de Monterrey.
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher &
Flom LLP. New York Office.
September 2010 – December
Uría Menéndez Abogados, S.L.P.
Madrid Office. January 2012 –
CEMEX España, S.A. July 2012
– January 2013.